Cooking and baking has taken on a renewed interest for many. For some, it’s become a passion to re-create those long-forgotten comfort foods for that ‘all’s good with the world’ feeling.
With that in mind, I’ve put together favorite easy comfort foods, many that remind me of sitting around the table with Mutti and Papa when I was a child. Some are ones that brought comfort to our boys when they were young. Others are fan favorites from my private Facebook group of German foodies, Kaffeeklatschers.
Over the years, I have enjoyed making these comfort foods. Especially now, these are finding their way to our table more frequently.
Some are super easy and quick to throw together. Others take a bit more work and time. All within the realm of even the most novice of cooks.
Here’s what you’ll make …. with my help …
- Kirschenmichel (Bread Pudding)
- Hühnerfrikassee (Chicken Fricassee)
- Hühner-Reissuppe (Chicken Rice Soup)
- Goulaschsuppe (Goulash Soup)
- Grüne Bohensuppe (Green Bean Soup)
- Grüne Sosse (Green Sauce)
- Kaiserschmarrn (Torn Pancakes)
- Linsensuppe (Lentil Soup)
- Königsberger Klopse mit Sosse (Meatballs with sauce)
- Falscher Hase (False Rabbit aka Meatloaf)
- Schinkennudeln (Noodles with Ham)
- Pflaumenkuchen (Plum Cake)
- Dibbelabbes – (Baked Potato Pancake)
- Rote Bete Suppe mit Stampfkartoffeln (Red Beet Soup with Mash)
- Rouladen (Beef Rolls)
- Bäckerkartoffeln (Scalloped Potatoes)
- Schnitzel with Jäger Sauce
- Rahmspinat mit Senfsosse und Eier (Creamed Spinach, Mustard Sauce, and Eggs)
- Erbsensuppe (Yellow Split Pea Soup)
- Oma’s Artisan Bread
There aren’t any fancy methods or difficult procedures. Just follow the steps, one at a time, and you’ll soon be serving comfort foods that bring “oohs” and “aahs”.
THIS IS A PDF DIGITAL DOWNLOADABLE E-COOKBOOK.
No physical item will be shipped or mailed.